- Oral presentations will be 15 minutes in duration plus 5 minutes discussion. Times will be strictly enforced by chairpersons.
- Presentations must be provided in PowerPoint format.
- A speakers’ preparation room will be available at the Conference venue. This room will be provided for all presenters and offers the opportunity to review presentations with the audiovisual aid requested. This area will be staffed by a technician and will be available for the duration of the Conference. All speakers are required to visit the speakers’ preparation room and provide the technician with their PowerPoint slides on a USB at least two hours prior to the commencement of their presentation.
- Presenters should arrive at their session room at least 10 minutes prior to session commencement in order to introduce themselves to the chairperson, familiarise themselves with the audiovisual facilities and check their presentation.
- Posters must be portrait size A0 (841mm wide x 1189mm) high.
- Mounting fixative will be supplied by the Conference organisers.
- There is limited space in the poster display area and posters that are produced landscape are unable to be accommodated.
- Authors must prepare all posters beforehand in a form enabling easy mounting.
- All posters must be mounted by the author between 8.00am and 10.00am, Monday 10 September 2018, prior to the beginning of morning tea, and removed after 3.00pm, Wednesday 12 September. All posters must be removed no later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 12 September.
- Posters should be typed in clear bold print that can be easily read from distances over one metre with the title displayed in block capitals of minimum size 25mm (1") at the top of the poster. The title should also display the names of the author(s) and the institution(s) of origin.
- Illustrations should be professionally drawn.
- All contents should be simple and not overburdened with detail - "minimising detail maximises information transfer".
- Poster presenters are required to be at their posters during catering breaks over the three days of the Conference, for discussion with delegates.
- Authors may provide handout material relating to their poster, and may wish to include a mobile number to enable follow up and further discussion with delegates.