Abstract submissions for Alumina 2018 have now closed.
All successful authors will be required to submit a full paper for inclusion in the proceedings volume. Papers will need to be submitted for review by Friday 20 April, 2018. Final acceptance into the program will be advised following a peer review of the papers by Friday 25 May, 2018.
Guidelines for the Preparation of Technical Papers can be downloaded below, to be used to prepare your paper/s. The Guidelines are designed to create a uniform style and a professional appearance for the publication of the Conference Proceedings, and also contribute towards the task of publishing the papers. Please follow all the requirements carefully.
A failure to comply with the requirements of the Guidelines may result in a particular paper being rejected.
The decision of the committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
All presenting authors will be expected to register for the conference.
26 March 2018 Earlybird Registration Opens
20 April 2018 Full Paper Submission Deadline (5.00pm AEDT)
25 May 2018 Authors to be Provided with Full Paper Review Feedback
8 June 2018 Deadline for Final Papers Submitted with Changes
29 June 2018 Earlybird Registration Closes
27 July 2018 Deadline for Presenters to Register
- Oral presentations will be 15 minutes in duration plus 5 minutes discussion. Times will be strictly enforced by chairpersons.
- Presentations must be provided in PowerPoint format.
- Presenters should arrive at their session room at least 10 minutes prior to session commencement in order to introduce themselves to the chairperson, familiarise themselves with the audiovisual facilities and check their presentation.
- Posters must be portrait size A0 (841mm wide x 1189mm) high.
- Mounting fixative will be supplied by the Conference organisers.
- There is limited space in the poster display area and posters that are produced landscape are unable to be accommodated.
- Authors must prepare all posters beforehand in a form enabling easy mounting.
- All posters must be mounted by the author during an allocated time period (of 1-2 hours) prior to the beginning of the poster display, and removed by the designated time.
- Posters should be typed in clear bold print that can be easily read from distances over one metre with the title displayed in block capitals of minimum size 25mm (1") at the top of the poster. The title should also display the names of the author(s) and the institution(s) of origin.
- Remaining contents may be displayed in columns (usually 3 columns).
- Illustrations should be professionally drawn.
- All contents should be simple and not overburdened with detail - "minimising detail maximises information transfer".
- Poster presenters are required to be at their posters during catering breaks over the three days of the Conference, for discussion with delegates.
- Authors may provide handout material relating to their poster, and may wish to include a mobile number to enable follow up and further discussion with delegates.